lauantai 28. toukokuuta 2011

Carrie Diaries

"The Carrie Diaries" by Candace Bushnell

I must confess, whenever I watched Sex and the City.. I never thought about the girls backgrounds. A shame, actually. On the other side, in my opinion I am approved- the backgrounds are something that one rarely thinks of when watching a tv-show like this one. You are more interested in fashion, plot, sex, kisses, again fashion, New York, persons and so on. As long as the background- the city where the persons are from, friends from before, even family - doesn't matter, you are not interested. It's the information that would make the story deeper, more dimensional. The depth is something what we usually don't want. It's the entertainment we are after, right?

Satc_title_large
http://weheartit.com/entry/9569048
So, what made me choose this particular book, beside the fact that it had "Carrie" written on it, there were few girls in the bookstore admiring this book and totally jealous when I bought it (they didn't want to spend the money.. their loss!)? The smaller, white print, was the one which forced me to stop and dig the money from my purse. Candace Bushnell.

Carrie+diaries_large

Candace was born in 1953 and moved into New York from Glastonbury at age of 19. She wrote then her first book- a children's book. After this, she wrote many columns, one of which was 1994-1996 the "Sex and the City"- column. It was made into the tv-series and then into two movies with SJP. Carrie, the main person and the protagonist of the show is an alter ego of Candace, who herself wrote the experiences of herself and her friends.

Personally I love her writing style, her edge in words and a positive radiation in books. The Carrie Diaries reveal how Carrie met Samantha, what happened with her family, how she came to New York, her first friend in New York and a problematic teenage dating. It is amusing, funny, I even cried once and overall a book in a good taste. Oh, and the funniest part- Carrie and her friends are virgins, not sex-crazy adults. :D Made me laugh so hard, since I never thought that Carrie had selfconfidence problems or thought whether she should have sex with her idiot boyfriend, just because everyone else has.


-Liz

P.S. check this out.. Carrie Maths. Now there I have to say, amazing.
http://the-frenemy.com/post/5366472538/carrie-bradshaw-math

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti