tiistai 8. maaliskuuta 2011

Ballet

What do you think nowadays when someone pronounces the word "ballet"? Probably Black Swan, as it is the most commonly famous ballet relating thing at this very moment. One could think also about small girls taking ballet classes and whirling in little pirouettes, or beautiful dresses and horrendous body control and strenght. 

Tumblr_lfggn85iyc1qbmo6to1_500_large
http://weheartit.com/entry/7689240
The Russian Ballet and altogether Russian Ballet history has been always .. how should I put this. In all their glory they have not forgotten about those who could not afford a ticket to go see ballet and so it is unusual for a Russian theatre (at least the old ones, no idea what they build nowadays) not to have a paradise gallery. Or galjorka, as the Russians call it. The prices for the places at the top of the theatre were cheep, so that practically every single person on the streets could afford it. A noble act, in my opinion.


photo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/saltvik/233079286/
The "noble act" of the Russian Ballet Theatre - The Bolshoi Theatre (meaning "the big theatre") of nowadays is the Live Stream of few ballets. For example, sending the ballet "Don Quixote" live for 480 cinemas all over the world. As I think about how full our cinema was, I can only imagine how many people were active watching the ballet. About the tickets- at our place costed not much, and this is supposed to be actually meaning something as we both, me and Ivon, are students. 


photo
http://www.flickr.com/photos/kyler/401303489/
The ballet was a success in every possible way. In my experience enjoying ballet (since I was five) this must be the most energetic and somehow most flirty. I absolutely enjoyed every second of the fabulous dancing. The techniques of the most famous ballerinas of the Bolshoi theatre proved to be famous for a reason, and a good one. 

Tumblr_lhqsliwyaq1qhhvt9o1_500_large
http://weheartit.com/entry/7756586
Oh, and I absolutely love this picture! :) Makes me smile and somehow.. nostalgic? Even though I visited the ballet studio only when a small child.
 
-Liz

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti